Making the unreal real
Dial production line
With seven servo driven dials to make and time to finish the machine disappearing rapidly, tonight I did a bit of production line bodgery.
As per usual I've done it mostly by eye and stuck it with hot glue but it seems to have come out pretty well.
The dial faces are still the blank trial ones I did so I can just get on with the bulk of the work. Doing a nice design for the faces will have to wait.
If I get time tomorrow I'll make up the brass strips which will hold the glasses in place.
Then I'll have to wire up the servo controller and get it working with the Arduino. There are simply too many things I need PWM for so I'm using a separate dedicated servo controller chip.
First though I must finish building this bit of the machine before I start coding.
Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Post a Comment
These comments are moderated, please be constructive.
Post Comments (Atom)