I've got seven servos in the time machine and this is too many to control directly from the Arduino with all the other stuff I'm using PWM for.
So I've bought a servo controller chip which connects serially and does all the work instead.
Tonight I started roughly wiring up a board for this, but kind of ran out of steam as I was getting very tired. Over the weekend I really need to get this finished off as it's one of the main things stopping me fixing the dials to body of the machine and finishing up that section.
the board will be based close to the servos to cut down the number of wires I need to connect back with, I should be able to reduce it from 21 to 4.