Creating a UI on a microcontroller: Part 11

I've been doing lots of work on the flow of things in the user interface in the terminal application so it works better. The deeper in I get the more boilerplate I'm writing to make buttons appear and disappear without leaving stuff floating around, so it's quite slow progress.

On the plus side, the syncing of user accounts and so on is working nicely and I've now made it so that it live updates. Make a change to a user and it appears near-instantly on the other terminals. Previously it synced the files on the SD card but they didn't show until a reboot.

Actually coding that to happen took another swathe of boilerplate but each time I do a thing like this I'm edging closer to a believable looking application. Also a bit of bugfixing which might have finally nailed the occasional exceptions when using a mouse.



As it's getting closer to something I can demonstrate I did a quick show and tell on Brian Lough's 'Project Doc' stream this evening. Which I believe is recorded for posterity.



No comments:

Post a comment

These comments are moderated, please be constructive.