This week I've started on actually using it for its intended purpose, faking up a retro mainframe computer on ESP8266/ESP32. Trying to refactor my original code for this application to use the library has shown up a few of things.
First I was definitely right to pull out all the code and turn it into a generic library. Secondly it was missing a few features I need but thirdly and most annoyingly it still has lots of bugs.
In particular I had created lots of bugs with redrawing changing items or things that appear, disappear or change frequently. The main application is too complicated to troubleshoot with so I wrote this trivial alarm clock. You set the time and alarm with the +/- under each digit and when they match it turns red, rings the bell and a cancel button appears.
Trivial as this application is, it's really helped with the troubleshooting and I've added a load more functions, one of which changes the title bar of the terminal emulator, if allowed. It's all boilerplate, not fancy algorithms, but I still get a real sense of satisfaction in controlling an AVR Arduino with the mouse and keyboard on the computer it's plugged in to.
Here's a little video of it in action.